Jerry Seinfeld will suffer for his art


Jerry Seinfeld doesn’t mind suffering for his art.
The 57-year-old comedian who is best known for his TV show Seinfeld, which ran from 1989 to 1998 says everyone is constantly dealing with hardship but he thinks life is worth enduring for it.
“I don’t mind suffering,” he said. “You suffer in all things work, relationships, whatever else you do.
“Unless you’re eating ice cream, you’re suffering.”
However, he has no regrets in his life as he believes if he did it would be an “arrogant” thing to feel.
“Regret is very philosophical and very arrogant,” he said. “It’s like, ‘Things should go the way I want and when they go wrong something terrible has happened.’ ”
However, Jerry has not always had things go his way, and admitted there was a time when he performed to a room of people who did not even know he was there.
“I once did a show when nobody even knew I was on,” he said. “It was in a discotheque in Queens, New York. It was 1977. I went on and nobody stopped dancing. I stood there and did the show to myself.”